With today’s tight marketing budgets, building product marketers should leverage content marketing to grow sales.
According to AOL & Neilson, people spend more than 50% of their time online with content and an additional 30% of their time on social media channels where content can be shared. Building product manufacturers need to be leveraging digital channels to grow our brands.
Here are some interesting content marketing statistics:
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing, as opposed to 86% of B2C marketers (*eMarketer)
- Per dollar spent, content marketing generates approximately 3 times as many leads as traditional marketing (*Demand metric)
- Companies that blog 15+ times per month get 5x more traffic than companies that don’t blog and 92% of companies who blog multiple times a day acquire customers through their blog (*Hubspot)
- Companies with an active blog report 97% more leads (*Content+)
- Call to actions promoting ebooks get almost twice the click-through rate as emails promoting webinars. (HubSpot)
- 70% of consumers prefer getting to know a company via articles over ads (*Content+)
- 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site (*Content+)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing (*Demand metric)
Content marketing can be an efficient way to build loyalty and trust among consumers.
- Blogs: With the number of companies using blogs as part of their online strategy, something is obviously working. A blog can give your company a voice and the ability to have a one-on-one conversation with potential customers. It also can establish your company as a thought leader in the building products industry.
- eBooks: A great way to provide valuable knowledge to your customers and prospects. They are also a good way to generate leads because with each download you can ask for an email address and follow-up with your products.
- Presentations: Educational content, sales and conference presentations are easy-to-read content that can be published on your website and shared on social media channels such as SlideShare, YouTube, Vimeo and others.
- Press Releases: Press releases can be used to spread information about new products, company growth and announcements, all while boosting SEO. When a press release is posted on a newswire, you can invite journalists and bloggers to share the story. It’s a good idea to establish relationships with journalists from our industry’s trade publications so you can be included in stories about industry news. They can also be repurposed as content to be shared throughout your social media channels.